Friday 25 September 2015

Jordan, Ontario: Where I'm from will always have a part of me

                     
                      
    
As I arrive in my new home of Chiang Mai, Thailand, I can't help but reflect on my past 6 weeks.  I was able to fly back to Canada and spend some much needed time enjoying all that is familiar:  being in the place I grew up and seeing the people I love.

I grew up in Jordan. No, not the country beside Israel (yes, I've been asked that before!), but a wine country village in the Niagara Penninsula of Southern Ontario.  Looking back, I realize just how lucky I was.  Though there is no grocery store or shopping mall in Jordan, there is a beauty that cannot be denied.  Coming back after travelling and living abroad, I found myself seeing this place in a new perspective.

 I've been through Tuscany, yet I have to say I love the Niagara vineyards the best. Perhaps I'm biast and sentimentally attached to the place, but as I went through some of my photos I took on a bike ride one evening, I was reminded of why people drive far and wide to see the Niagara Region.  For those of you who are not from Ontario, and are reading my blog over in England (or wherever else!), I'm excited to share a bit of my home with you.  And for those of you who are from this region, please savour these last few warm evenings, and enjoy the scenery around you as the leaves begin to change.

Travelling the world has definitely taught me to appreciate where I'm from.  




No comments:

Post a Comment