Tuesday 10 January 2017

Sarah Reimer Designs is now at Shed Pottery!


If you read my latest reflections on 2016, you'll know that my life had quite a few ups and downs this past year.  I wouldn't say that my small business suffered directly, however I felt that I wasn't reaching my full potential creatively from July onwards.  I answered emails, sent out orders, and kept up my social media accounts.... but my creative goals kind of got put on hold as I felt like I was just trying to keep up, rather than create new projects.  I did fulfill a few custom book orders, which was exciting, though my stock of postcards and prints didn't seem to be moving.  By the fall of 2016, I craved to find some meaningful creative people to connect with.  That is when I began to reflect on some of the people that I connected with in June at the Handmade Market.  I sent an email off to Johann, from Shed Pottery.  She was someone whose work I had admired through the online world of Instagram, and whose sense of creative value and drive seemed to connect with mine.  I didn't realize that she had her own retail shop until a friend of mine suggested I get in touch with her.  I am ever so grateful that that friend of mine who suggested this!  After sending a few emails back and forth, I made it a point to go meet her in person while I was home this Christmas.  Everything after that seemed to just fall right into place.

Nestled along the Niagara Wine Route, Shed Pottery is set in behind Johann's home and pottery studio.  Upon arriving I was sweetly greeted by her dog, Chance, and saw that Johann's work is just as beautiful (if not more) as I had seen online.  The natural, rustic and touch of modern feel of Shed seemed to be the perfect fit for Sarah Reimer Designs.  I am overjoyed to be a part of Shed Pottery, and am thankful to have established this connection as I am now back in Thailand.

If you are in the Niagara Region, or are heading there in the future, I highly recommend you stop by.  In the mean time, you can check out Johann's story and browse her pottery collection here:

www.shedpotterybyjohann.com

Or find her on Instagram as @shedpottery




No comments:

Post a Comment