Sunday 22 February 2015

My Creative Pursuit Week 3

                           
 
My sketchbook travelled with me to Ireland this week!  Though my little drawings will do no justice to the photos that I will be posting this week (that I'm so excited to share with you!), these are all scenes in which we saw with our own eyes.  Ireland has some beautiful landscapes.

PS.  I decided this week that I'll be giving myself one day off of my creative pursuit every week.  Just to make it a little easier for me to keep on track :)          


Day One: "Gap of Dunloe", Ireland
Probably the most scenic road I've ever been on.  The gap of Dunloe runs four miles between the McGillycuddy's Reeks and the Purple mountain group.  We hiked the purple mountain (seen on the left hand side in my drawing) and ended off with a walk through the gap, in which we gazed up at the magnificent mountains surrounding us.  Our hike and walk through the gap consisted of 6 hours in total.  Quite the accomplishment!



Day 2: "Cliffs of Kerry", Port Magee, Ireland
These cliffs on the southwestern cost of Ireland are absolutely breathtaking.  It is here that we stood over 300 metres above the wild Atlantic Ocean, fighting against the harsh Atlantic winds.  In the distance are the Skellig Michael Islands.  Monks lived on these islands for hundreds of years, striving to live a self sustaining life, separate from the rest of the world.



Day 3: "The Lighthouse of Dingle" Dingle, Ireland
Oh, Dingle.  As much as I love the name of this seaside town, I loved the scenery.  From the quaint and quiet town, we walked around the bay and out to an old lighthouse.  The lighthouse is no longer in use today.



Day 4: "The English Market" Cork, Ireland
On our last day in Ireland, we explored the city of Cork.  A highlight was wandering through the English Market, a covered market that has been running since 1788. 



Day 5: "Killarny National Park" Killary, Ireland
I sketched this from one of the photos that I took during our hike.  Though Zack's silhouette looks more like a cartoon character from the Simpsons (sorry Zack...), the background in this photo is stunning.  I'll be posting the actual photo soon on the blog. 



Day 6: "Ross Castle" Killarny, Ireland
Know what is crazy?  I had a picture of this castle pinned on my Pinterest board, and then I was able to visit it in person!  



Ireland is fun to draw :).  But it was even more fun to visit.  You can look forward to more about our trip on the blog this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment