Saturday 7 March 2015

My Creative Pursuit Week 4


Week Four.

As I wrap up one month of my creative pursuit, I am feeling accomplished and satisfied.  I've even created a new banner (above) for my creative pursuit (do you like?).  I'm proud of myself for completing one whole month of small creative acts every single day.  I've had fun and there have also been times when I wanted to chuck my sketchbook out the window.  By the fourth week however, I learned to not be so picky and precise, but rather just do what I intended: loose freehand sketches.  I restrained from using a straight edge and even an eraser(!) in order for me to take more time observing what I was drawing and less time erasing and starting over.

This week I drew scenes around Cambridge.  Just like Ireland, these drawings are significant to me because they are all things that I've seen with my own eyes this week.  So I guess this is a little peek into my life this past week.  I'd say I'm pretty lucky to live in a place with so much character and inspiration around me.  Enjoy :)


Day One: "Mini Cooper in Cambridge"

Day Two: "Midsummer Commons"

Day Three: "Tall Chimneys of Cambridge"

Day Four: "Bicycle by the Market"

Day Five: "Telephone Booth on St.Andrews St."

Day 6: "Espresso Library"

And that wraps up one month of creative acts!  I've decided to take an entirely different spin on things next month.  You'll just have to wait and see :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment