Tuesday 31 March 2015

My Creative Pursuit Week 8


This week I've officially completed my "knit and give".  Besides from the fact that the receiver of this week's gift hasn't received it yet... but it is on it's way!  I am not diclosing who that person is for the sake of .... yes, surprises!  I've decided to go ahead and post what I made anyways, just so that I can say I've completed this month's creative pursuit.  I am now giving my hands a break (for now) from this little knitting hobby of mine (sometimes I feel like I am slowly turning into an old lady).  I do feel like I have improved though, and it probably takes me almost half the time to make something than it did when I first started knitting.  


What I made this week:
A neck warmer!  I can't really call it a scarf... it could maybe be called a snood?  Such a funny name, but yes, let's call it a snood.  I made my "snood" to be fairly tight so that it would fit snug up the neck and chin.  I used two strands of yarn instead of one, so that it is extra thick and cozy.  That was such a good desicion, as it turned out to be so warm and cozy!  Perfect for cold windy days when you want your neck and chin covered.  After trying it on, I'll be honest, I wanted to keep it for myself.  But before I fell too much in love, I sent it off to a very dear friend of mine, who I know will love it just as much as I do.  It feels good to be able to share the love!  Here are some photos:


So that wraps up the month of March, and my second month of my Creative Pursuit!  As for April, I have decided to concentrate on my small business, Sarah Reimer Designs.  I'll definitely give updates and am excited to share more of what I am working on.  You can also expect a couple more travel posts in April!  I am currently packing my backpack for 11 days of travel- starting tomorrow.  SO excited... let's go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment