Friday 27 March 2015

My Creative Pursuit Weeks 6 & 7


Week Six.

Hey guys!  Though it's been two weeks since my last Creative Pursuit post, I'm still at work creating things.  I held off on posting about Week 6 for the sake of, well... surprises!  No, not for you silly (though I'd love to think of this blog post as a pleasant surprise for you...), this little surprise travelled all the way from England, to the final destination of Vineland, Ontario, Canada.  I wish I could have come along to hand deliver my little gift, but thanks to technology, I was able to watch my brother, sister-in-law, and their daughter Brooke(my niece) open my gift to them.  Today, March 27th 2015, they are expecting a new little addition to their family- a precious baby girl.  Brooke was a miracle to our family, and now that she has a baby sister on the way is simply but extraordinarly, yet another miracle.  So, I seemed to have continued my theme of "sisters" and got to work creating matching headbands for Brooke and her sister.  I chose a yarn that included some nice spring colours, and researched typical head sizes for babies and children.  Brooke, who is soon turning 3, wore her headband for me on skype and said, "thaannk youu Aunt Sawaaah!".  My heart is still melting.  

And  today, we eagerly await the arrival of her little sister.  We are praying that all goes smoothly and that God will keep her healthy!  If you have a chance, could you send up a prayer?  


(scroll to the bottom to find out how I used my time creatively in week 7).


Week Seven.

If you have me on Facebook or Instagram, you may have noticed that I posted a couple photos of my latest endeavours....  Sarah Reimer Designs.  :)  

(Firstly, just to clear this up, I have not officially changed my last name to Reimer, though it is on my list of things to do this year.  Let's just say, I'm easing my way into it.)

So what is Sarah Reimer Designs?  Handmade travel photography cards.  I've decided to chase after a dream of mine and have plans to open an online Etsy shop by mid April.  It's basically combining two of my favourite things: travel photography and using my hands to MAKE things.  The card shown above with the headbands was part of my process of figuring things out.  I have sifted through all the travel photos I have saved (which is A LOT), chosen some of my favourites, and have researched and tested out different papers, cardstocks, envelopes, etc.  I got busy working on a Logo, and planning out the next steps of this process.  I am still working the details and logistics, but feel like I have been taking tiny steps in the right direction.  I am extremely excited about this but nervous at the same time to officially start selling my work.  It is a work in progress, however I can assure you that I will not be backing down on this one!  Here is a sneak peak of what is in the making....


And that's it for now!  Stay tuned and I may share some more photos of what I've been working on.

Thank you for reading, and happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. So lovely, Sarah. Yes, I've added a prayer and a tear or two.

    ReplyDelete